Day 7-80 Days till Christmas

I am still plugging away at this 31 day blogging thing.

I hope you are enjoying these posts.

Now, I know it is only October but yesterday I was in Walmart and at one of the store they have Halloween decorations and candy and at the other end is Christmas trees. I personally don't start another holiday until one is finished, but I have to admit I am already planning Christmas gifts.

Which brings me to today's quote. It comes from a movie that has nothing to do with Christmas but I think once you read the quote and see the connection to scripture, you'll understand where I'm coming from.

The quote comes from the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.


"Indeed that very night the impossible had already been set into motion."

The narrator is referring to the contest and the Golden Tickets with this line.

But if you look at this scripture, you'll see a different form of Golden Ticket.


Luke 2:8-11 In the same region there were some shepherds staying out in the fields and keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord


The night Jesus was born God gave us a chance at a Golden Ticket like no other.

Who could believe that God planned from the beginning of creation for part of Him came to earth as a human, born as a child to an average family, living for 30 years, then became the ultimate sacrifice for us so we can spend eternity in heaven with God?


The "impossible" set into motion one very special night?

Absolutely.




0 comments:

Post a Comment