Day 16-You're Not Crawling Alone

Welcome to Day 16 of 31 Days of Blockbuster Inspiration.



In honor of "hump day" I've got a very inspirational quote for you today.
This one is a little longer than most of the videos I put up, but it is completely worth the 5 minutes it will take to watch.


It is the absolute best visual picture of God always being with you when you are struggling.

Brings me to tears every time.


I don't know about any of you out there, but I feel like I'm death crawling this week.

Allergies kicking in, kids going in different directions, full time work, yada, yada, yada.

Yup. It's a busy time.

Whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed I think of this scene. Sometimes I will even watch the video.

Coach Taylor challenges his player to "death crawl" to the fifty yard line. Brock doesn't have much confidence in his team's abilities or his own. Coach Taylor wants to prove a point.

Something I've always noticed about this scene is the picture it makes of us and God in tough times. Coach Taylor could have stood back and let Brock go on and death crawl while shouting at him from the end of the field. Instead the coach followed right along with him, talking to him all the way. When Brock says "I'm out of strength". Coach is right there, saying "don't you quit on me". When Brock says "it hurts". Coach is right there and says "I know it hurts, but you gotta keep going." (my favorite line, by the way).
And at the very end, when the coach is screaming at him so his voice is the only one that Brock hears he says "Brock Kelly, you don't quit"

I love that he uses his name.

God has promised never to leave you or forsake you.
Isaiah 41:10 (NASB) ‘Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

He gives us what we need.
2 Corinthians 9:8 (NASB) And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.


He is our strength when we are weak.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (NASB) And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.”


He knows us by name.
John 10:3 (NLT) The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

He speaks to us. Job 37:2 (NLT) Listen carefully to the thunder of God’s voice as it rolls from his mouth.

He encourages us through his Spirit. John 14:26 (NLT) But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.


No matter what hump you are crawling over today, remember you are not alone. God, your coach is right there with you and He will stay with you until the end, whether that is at the 50 yard line or the end zone.

He doesn't ever give up on us, so we shouldn't give up either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment