Day 11-Ever After

Welcome to Day 11 of 31 Days of Blockbuster Inspiration. Thank you for stopping by.

Today's quote comes from probably one of my top all time favorite movies ever. This movie is one that I never get tired of watching. Whenever it is all TV I watch, no mater how many times I've seen it.

Ever After A Cinderella Story

I don't have a video of the quote I've chosen. The line is spoken by Leonardo DaVinci. Yes, I know I don't think DaVinci was part of the original Grimm Fairytale about Cinderella, but he is in this version and I personally think it just makes the movie.

In case you haven't seen this movie;

Let me set the scene a little.

The mean step mother tried to prevent Danielle (Cinderella) from attending the ball because she wanted her daughter to get together with the prince. DaVinci shows up and helps her get fixed up and on her way. I guess DaVinci is kind of like the fairy godmother. Danielle shows up at the ball but the prince believes her to be someone else. Of course the step mother exposes her. The prince rejects her after finding out she is just a servant.

DaVinci tracks down the prince and basically gives him the "what for" over how he treated Danielle when he found out who she is.

The quote is from that conversation.

Henry: "What do you know? You build flying machines, and you walk on water and yet you know nothing of life!"
DaVinci: "I know that life without love is no life at all."

And here is what I found in the Bible.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NASB) If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

Hmmmm.
I think DaVinci has a pretty good point.






0 comments:

Post a Comment